Saturday, 16 June 2007

What Is Religion Anymore?

After having a long discussion with a friend on the topic of religion, I have concluded that the world is still biased towards men. Not in a totally good way, I feel that sometimes it's just cruel how men can end up treating women, and use religion as an excuse.

I'm not particularly going to start a religious debate, but we all know that certain religions ban the use of contraceptives. To me, that's just really, really fucked up. It's like another shit excuse for horny men to screw their wives without condoms. We all know it feels better, but what the hey, your woman isn't some sort of child-producing machine.

Giving men the right to have more than one wife? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of marriage? What does the damned husband expect them to do, stay at home and play five stones with each other?

I've a friend who ended up with his wife and his girlfriend live in the same house, and share the same bed as him. He'd sleep in the centre every night. Even he said it was fucked up after a while.

It just makes you wonder, why is religion promoting infidelity?

I honestly wonder what this kid was thinking - read this.

She reminds me of those psycho christians who scream AMEN!!! to every fucking thing the pastor/priest says in church. It makes you wonder if they are worshipping God, or if they're worshipping the fucking pastor.


I've nothing against Christians. I don't. It just cracks me up to see stupid people who do things for the sake of doing them, like speaking in tongues and trying to slain people. I fucking hate Christians who INSIST you follow them to church.

Of course, there are about a couple of churches here in Singapore that are like that, churches who spend thousands of dollars on vocal training, sound systems, wardrobe, hair and makeup.

I wonder who are the dip-shits that actually bother to go, and say "praise the lord, amen" to every single thing that comes out of the unqualified, self-proclaimed pastor's mouth.

I find them very cult-like. And hypocritical of course.

No comments: